Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Emerson School, at 13 Emerson St. on Munjoy Hill in Portland, was built from 1897-1898. It was named for Andrew L. Emerson, Portland's first mayor.
It was used until the late 1970s, and in the early 1980s it became a co-operative housing unit under the Munjoy Hill Housing Association.
About This Item
- Title: Emerson School, Portland, ca. 1900
- Creator: Libby, R. Cutler
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 423, Box 5/23
- Collection: R. Cutler Libby glass plate negatives
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Emerson School (Portland, Me.)--Photographs
- Munjoy Hill Housing Association (Me.)--History
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.