Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Mrs. Gibson, wife of artist Charles Dana Gibson, was the original Gibson Girl. She is at the couple's summer estate on 700 acre island in Islesboro, July 26, 1937.
About This Item
- Title: Mrs. Gibson, the original Gibson Girl
- Creator: Whitney, G. Herbert
- Creation Date: 1937-07-26
- Subject Date: 1937-07-26
- Town: Islesboro
- County: Waldo
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 553, No. 1
- Collection: George Herbert Whitney interesting interviews : photographs
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Artists, American
- Fashion models
- Gibson Girl
- Gibson, Charles Dana, (1867-1944)--Homes & haunts--Maine--Islesboro
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.