Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Manuscript map #37 from the collection of the Plymouth Company showing a plan of the settlers' lots on Wing's Mill Pond, possibly near Wings Mills, Belgrade, in about 1795. "Allman" is written on the map.
Thomas Wing, a millwright, moved to the Wing's Mills area in the Belgrade-Mt. Vernon area from Livermore sometime after 1793.
About This Item
- Title: Wing's Mill Pond settlers' lots, ca. 1795
- Creator: Plymouth Company, 1749-1816
- Creation Date: circa 1795
- Subject Date: circa 1795
- Town: Belgrade
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 30 cm x 37 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 60, Map 37
- Collection: Plymouth Company (1749-1816) records
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractual obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Kennebec Patent -- Maps-- Early works to 1800
- Kennebec Purchase Company--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Land grants -- Maine
- Landowners -- Maine -- Belgrade -- Maps -- Early works to 1800
- Maine -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 -- Maps -- Early works to 1800
- Manuscript maps
- Plymouth Company -- 1749-1816 -- Maps -- Early works to 1800
- Plymouth Company Patent--1749-1816 -- Maps -- Early works to 1800
- Wings Mills (Belgrade, Me.) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.