Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Manuscript map #37 from the collection of the Plymouth Company showing a plan of the settlers' lots on Wing's Mill Pond, possibly near Wings Mills, Belgrade, in about 1795. "Allman" is written on the map.
Thomas Wing, a millwright, moved to the Wing's Mills area in the Belgrade-Mt. Vernon area from Livermore sometime after 1793.
About This Item
- Title: Wing's Mill Pond settlers' lots, ca. 1795
- Creator: Plymouth Company, 1749-1816
- Creation Date: circa 1795
- Subject Date: circa 1795
- Town: Belgrade
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 30 cm x 37 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 60, Map 37
- Collection: Plymouth Company (1749-1816) records
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Kennebec Patent -- Maps-- Early works to 1800
- Kennebec Purchase Company--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Land grants -- Maine
- Landowners -- Maine -- Belgrade -- Maps -- Early works to 1800
- Maine -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 -- Maps -- Early works to 1800
- Manuscript maps
- Plymouth Company -- 1749-1816 -- Maps -- Early works to 1800
- Plymouth Company Patent--1749-1816 -- Maps -- Early works to 1800
- Wings Mills (Belgrade, Me.) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.