Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
View of the Ogunguit art colony in Ogunquit, July 11, 1937.
G. Herbert Whitney took the photo on July 11, 1937, accompanying his wife, Emmie Bailey Whitney, who was a writer and editor at the Lewiston Journal Saturday Magazine.
Her story about Charles Woodbury and about the School of Painting and Sculpture appeared in the newspaper August 7, 1937.
About This Item
- Title: Ogunquit art colony, 1937
- Creator: Whitney, G. Herbert
- Creation Date: 1937-07-11
- Subject Date: 1937-07-11
- Town: Ogunquit
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 553, No. 1
- Collection: George Herbert Whitney interesting interviews : photographs
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Art education--Maine--Ogunquit
- Artist colonies--Maine--Ogunquit
- Ogunquit (Me.)--History.
- Ogunquit school of painting and sculpture (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.