Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Stephen Cummings, a native of Andover, Massachusetts, moved to Portland in 1801 where he worked as a merchant.
He soon began to practice medicine. He later bought Richmond Island. Dr. Cummings died in Cape Elizabeth in 1854.
About This Item
- Title: Dr. Stephen Cummings, Portland, ca. 1830
- Creation Date: circa 1830
- Subject Date: circa 1830
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 38 cm x 30 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--OS--Large--Box 4--People
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.