Contributed by Sedgwick-Brooklin Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The label from Ramsdell's cannery in Lubec, Maine. However Ramsdell had a cannery in Brooklin, previously the Farnsworth Sardine Cannery. The Ramsdell cannery operated from 1923 to 1931, after which it was closed and moved to Portland.
About This Item
- Title: Ramsdell Cannery Label, ca. 1925
- Creator: Hooper, Jane
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: circa 1925
- Town: Brooklin
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photo transparency
- Local Code: Brooklin Fish Factories 35/18
- Collection: Private
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Canned foods--Labeling--Maine--Lubec
- Canned sardines--Maine--Lubec
- Canned seafood
- Commercial art--Maine--Lubec
- Food industry--Maine--Lubec
- Ramsdell Cannery (Brooklin, Me.)
- Ramsdell Packing Company (Lubec, Me.)--Manufactures
- Sardine fisheries--Maine
- Industrial Facilities
- Ramsdell Packing Company
- sardine industry
For more information about this item, contact:Sedgwick-Brooklin Historical Society
PO Box 171, Sedgwick, ME 04646
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.