Contributed by Sedgwick-Brooklin Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Canneries on the site just before Joel White purchased the setting for the Brooklin Boat Yard in 1960. Originally the site was the Ramsdell setting. It was sold to Frank Sylvester and Frank Day in 1938 to become a boat yard. Later it was sold to Herrick & Allen. The land was leased to Arno Day as a boat yard in 1952, who in turn sold it to Joel White.
About This Item
- Title: Canneries prior to Brooklin Boat Yard, Brooklin, 1959
- Creation Date: 1959
- Subject Date: 1959
- Town: Brooklin
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photo transparency
- Local Code: Brooklin Fish Factories 10/2
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Sedgwick-Brooklin Historical Society
PO Box 171, Sedgwick, ME 04646
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Brooklin
- Boat & ship industry--Maine--Brooklin
- Fish canneries--Maine--Brooklin
- Canned fish industry--Maine--Brooklin
- Fishing boats--Maine--Brooklin
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.