Contributed by Sedgwick-Brooklin Historical Society
- Item 12751
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Sardine cannery at Center Harbor, Brooklin, as seen from the water in 1927. Exact identification is not possible.Steve and Charles Cousins owned a cannery located next to the site of the abandoned Ramsdell cannery. The Cousin's cannery was purchased by Emery Herrick and Roy Allen in 1930.
About This Item
- Title: Sardine Cannery, Brooklin
- Creator: Jane Hooper
- Creation Date: 1995
- Subject Date: 1927
- Location: Brooklin, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photo transparency
- Local Code: Brooklin Fish Factories 28/3
- Collection: Private collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Sardine fisheries--Maine--Brooklin
- Canned food industry--Maine--Brooklin
- Industrial facilities--Maine--Brooklin
- Brooklin Sardine Factory at Center Harbor, photographed from the water
- maritime industry
- Sardine Factory at Center Harbor, photographed from the water Factories...Industrial Facilities...Factories...Canneries
For more information about this item, contact:Sedgwick-Brooklin Historical Society
PO Box 171, Sedgwick, ME 04646
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.