Contributed by Sedgwick-Brooklin Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Mayo Sardine Cannery was located at Naskeag Point, Brooklin, shown here in 1927.
Owned by Alanson H. Mayo, this cannery was in operation from 1902 to 1929.
About This Item
- Title: Mayo Sardine Cannery, Brooklin, 1927
- Creator: Hooper, Jane
- Creation Date: 1927
- Subject Date: 1927
- Local Name: Naskeag Point
- Town: Brooklin
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photo transparency
- Local Code: Brooklin Fish Factories 26/3
- Collection: Private
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Sedgwick-Brooklin Historical Society
PO Box 171, Sedgwick, ME 04646
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Sardine fisheries--Maine--Brooklin
- Canned food industry--Maine--Brooklin
- Industrial facilities--Maine--Brooklin
- Mayo Sardine Cannery (Brooklin, Me.)--Photographs
- buildingsIndustrial Facilities
- maritime industry
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.