Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Women came from across the United States to Portland in July 1925 for the annual convention of the National Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs.
The women in the front of the crowd were part of the Iowa delegation. They held up corn-cob canes to celebrate their state.
These women arrived by train at the Grand Trunk Station at India Street. The organization chartered special train cars for delegates. The convention began July 13, 1925.
About This Item
- Title: Business and Professional Women at Grand Trunk station, Portland, 1925
- Creation Date: 1925-07-13
- Subject Date: 1925-07-13
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.10917
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Grand Trunk Station (Portland, Me.)
- National Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs--7th annual convention, July 12-18, 1925--Photographs
- Railroad stations--Maine--Portland
- Women--Societies and clubs--Congresses and conventions
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.