Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
"A five-car trainload of log-debarking drums in the Portland Company yard at the base of Munjoy Hill awaits shipment to distant paper mills." --Fletcher, David H. "The Portland Company 1846-1982." Charleston, S.C.: Arcadia Pub., 2002. 97.
About This Item
- Title: Log debarking drums at the Portland Company, Portland, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 242, Box 40a Folder 9/26
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Lumber industry--Equipment and supplies
- Manufacturing industry--Maine--Portland
- Metalworking industry--Maine--Portland
- Paper industry--Equipment and supplies
- Portland Company (Me.)--Manufactures
- Railroad cars--American--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.