Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
"This photograph illustrates only one of the many Portland Company logos used on cast products and in company advertisements. The logos varied over the years and differed for various products and uses. The "PCo." logo was also cast in iron and graced the doors of large industrial boilers." --Fletcher, David H. "The Portland Company 1846-1982." Charleston, S.C.: Arcadia Pub., 2002. 4.
About This Item
- Title: Portland Company Logo, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 242, Box 54 Folder 54/0
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Metalworking industry--Maine--Portland
- Portland Company (Me.)--Logos
- Manufacturing industry--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.