Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Interior view of the music room and Ethelbert Nevin's Italian piano at his widow's estate in Blue Hill.
Nevin, a composer, died in 1901. His widow, Anne Nevin, built the estate in Blue Hill.
About This Item
- Title: Nevin piano, Blue Hill, 1937
- Creator: Whitney, G. Herbert
- Creation Date: 1937-10-03
- Subject Date: 1937-10-03
- Town: Blue Hill
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 553, No. 1
- Collection: George Herbert Whitney interesting interviews : photographs
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dwellings--Maine--Blue Hill
- Ethelbert W. Nevin, 1862-1901--Homes and haunts--Blue Hill
- Houses--Maine--Blue Hill
- Nevin, Anne P, d. 1942--Homes and haunts--Maine--Blue Hill
- Pianos--Maine--Blue Hill
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.