Contributed by Hollingsworth Fine Arts
George McMillan, a musician and teacher, established the McMillan School of Fine Arts Vacation School with his wife Mary Lane McMillan, an artist and illustrator.
They held the camp at their summer home in on Crystal Springs Camp Road in Rome during the 1920s and 1930s.
Students from their residence-studio school in New Rochelle, N.Y., attended the camp. George taught piano while Mary taught art classes outdoors.
Summer sessions lasted fourteen weeks beginning the third week of June and ending the second week of September.
About This Item
- Title: George McMillan, Rome, 1933
- Creator: The McMillan School of Fine Arts
- Creation Date: 1933
- Subject Date: circa 1933
- Town: New Rochelle, Rome
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME, NY
- Media: Printed black and white photo in original brochure
- Dimensions: 13.3 cm x 9.2 cm
- Local Code: MLMpg1
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- McMillan, George--Portrait photographs
- McMillan School of Fine Arts (New Rochelle, N.Y.)
- McMillan School of Fine Arts Vacation School (Rome, Me.)
- Vacation homes--Maine--Rome
- Art schools--Maine--Rome
For more information about this item, contact:Hollingsworth Fine Arts
Four Broadway Court, Orlando, FL 32803
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.