Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 12396
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map showing the township with numbered lots in Jay, also known as Phipp's Canada, Canton, and Livermore Falls granted by the General Court, June 11, 1771. The Androscoggin River is pictured here.
This map was commissioned to be made by the Plymouth Company, the proprietorship responsible for settling lands 15 miles either side of the Kennebec River in Maine.
This is manuscript map #5.
About This Item
- Title: Androscoggin River area map, 1771
- Creator: Alex. Shepard
- Creation Date: 1774-12-20
- Subject Date: 1771-06-11
- Jay, Androscoggin County, ME
- Canton, Oxford County, ME
- Livermore Falls, Androscoggin County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 49 cm x 69 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 60, Map 5
- Collection: Plymouth Company (1749-1816) records
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Androscoggin River (N.H. and Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Canton (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Cardinal points
- Jay (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Land grants--Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Land tenure--Maine
- Livermore Falls (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Manuscript maps
- Plymouth Company, (1749-1816)--Records and correspondence--Maps--Early works to 1800
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.