Contributed by Pejepscot History Center
Workers hired through the New Deal Works Progress Administration make repairs to the Swinging Bridge between Brunswick and Topsham. The repairs were necessary after the 1936 flood damaged the bridge.
About This Item
- Title: WPA work on Swinging Bridge, Brunswick, 1936
- Creation Date: 1936
- Subject Date: 1936
- Town: Brunswick
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photograph, print
- Dimensions: 16.5 cm x 11.5 cm
- Local Code: 1990.158.408
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Androscoggin Pedestrian Bridge (Brunswick, Me.)
- Pedestrian bridges--Maine--Brunswick
- Bridge construction--Maine--Brunswick
- Bridge failures--Maine--Brunswick
- United States. Works Progress Administration. Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Pejepscot History Center
159 Park Row, Brunswick, ME 04011
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.