Contributed by Caribou Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A view of the old Fish Hatchery on Outer Sweden Street in Caribou that was built in 1895.
The Fish Hatchery began in 1892 with 25,000 salmon hatched. The hatchery changed locations several times.
In 1895, it was moved to the pictured location on outer Sweden Street and was taken over by the state of Maine.
About This Item
- Title: Caribou Fish Hatchery, ca. 1895
- Creator: L., Dae G.
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Local Name: Old Fish Hatchery
- Town: Caribou
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 15.1 cm x 20.2 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Aquaculture stations--Maine--Caribou
- Caribou Fish Hatchery (Me.)--Photographs
- Fish hatcheries--Maine--Caribou
- Fishing industry--Maine--Caribou
For more information about this item, contact:Caribou Public Library
30 High Street, Caribou, ME 04736
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.