Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This photo, taken in 1908, shows the house where poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow lodged during his time as a student at the University of Goettingen, Germany. The white marble tablet on the outside of the building marks the room where Longfellow lived in 1829.
About This Item
- Title: Henry W. Longfellow's Student Lodgings in Goettingen, Germany, 1908
- Creator: Marshall, John
- Creation Date: 1908
- Subject Date: 1908
- Town: Goettingen
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 28 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: A85-490
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Authors, American
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882--Homes and haunts--Germany--Goettingen--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.