Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
"The nearly completed fishing trawler Sea Bird is still on the ways in the South Portland yard in 1919. She will be launched shortly after a few last-minute adjustments are finished. The 163-foot trawler weighed 383 gross tons and was built for the East Coast Fisheries Company of Portland, Maine." Fletcher, David H. "The Portland Company 1846-1982." Charleston, S.C.: Arcadia Pub., 2002. p. 59.
About This Item
- Title: Fishing Trawler Sea Bird, Portland Company, 1919
- Creation Date: 1919
- Subject Date: 1919
- Town: Portland, South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 242, Box 39 Folder 6/18
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Shipbuilding--Maine--South Portland
- Portland Company (Me.)--Manufactures
- Sea Bird (Ship)--Photographs
- Trawlers (Vessels)
- Fishing boats--Maine
- Manufacturing industry--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.