Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
An increasing number of automobiles shared the streets with trolleys as the 20th century wore on. This photo was taken before the U.S. Post Office was built in 1933-34.
About This Item
- Title: Forest Avenue, Portland, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Portland--Streets--Forest Avenue
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- T.A. Huston Baking Company (Portland, Me.)
- Electric railroads--Maine--Portland
- University of Southern Maine--Buildings--Library
- Forest Avenue (Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.