Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
View from Federal Street toward Congress Sreet. The spires are Second Parish Church. The buildings were later demolished for construction of the Central Fire Station. The lot in the foreground is the site of the Federal Building.
About This Item
- Title: Federal Street, looking toward Congress Street, Portland, ca. 1882
- Creation Date: circa 1882
- Subject Date: circa 1882
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 24 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Portland--Views
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Second Parish (Portland, Me.)
- Congress Street (Portland, Me.)
- Federal Street (Portland, Me.)
- Historic buildings
- Urban beautification--Maine--Portland
- Lincoln Park (Portland, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.