Contributed by Margaret Chase Smith Library
A button from Margaret Chase Smith's 1964 presidential campaign.
The button has a picture of the Skowhegan Republican on it, with her name and "For President."
Margaret Chase Smith (1897-1995) took over the U.S. House seat held by her husband, Clyde Smith, after his death in 1940. She served in the U.S. Senate from 1949-1973.
About This Item
- Title: Margaret Chase Smith for President Campaign Button, 1964
- Creator: Margaret Chase Smith Library
- Creation Date: 1964
- Subject Date: 1964
- Town: Skowhegan
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Metal backed pin with plastic coated photograph
- Dimensions: 8.89 cm x 8.89 cm
- Local Code: 472
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Political elections
- Political campaigns
- Smith, Margaret Chase, 1897-1995
- Buttons (information artifacts)
- buttons (information artifacts)
- Margaret Chase Smith
- presidential elections
- Smith, Margaret Chase, 1897-1996
For more information about this item, contact:Margaret Chase Smith Library
56 Norridgewock Avenue, Skowhegan, ME 04976
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.