Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
George W. Norton was a teacher before taking a temporary job at the Evening Express in Portland in 1888. He worked at the paper for many years eventually becoming the editor. He was also involved in many civic groups. He died in 1920.
About This Item
- Title: George W. Norton, Portland, ca. 1900
- Creator: Finley, Walter
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 34 cm x 27 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--OS--Large--Box 5
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Evening Express (Portland, Me.)
- Newspaper editors--United States--Maine--Portland
- Norton, George W., 1855-1920--Portrait photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.