Contributed by Longfellow Garden Club
Gladys Pratt of the American Museum of Natural History in New York hand painted this lantern slide of the Longfellow Garden in Portland.
The Longfellow Garden Club, beginning in 1924, maintained the garden at the Wadsworth-Longfellow House, a historic house museum operated by the Maine Historical Society.
The Garden Club used the slides for illustrated lectures about the house and garden.
About This Item
- Title: Longfellow Garden and fence, Portland, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Lantern slide
- Local Code: Coll. 1936, Box 21 #104
- Collection: Longfellow Garden Club records at Maine Historical Society
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Historic Gardens--Maine--Portland
- Longfellow Garden Club
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House (Portland, Me.)
- Longfellow Garden (Portland, Me.)--Photographs
- Historic buildings--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Longfellow Garden Club
c/o Maine Historical Society, 489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.