Contributed by Longfellow Garden Club
Gladys Pratt of the American Museum of Natural History in New York hand painted a number of lantern slides showing features of the garden that surrounds the Wadsworth-Longfellow house in Portland.
The Longfellow Garden Club maintained the garden and used the slides in lectures about the house and garden.
About This Item
- Title: Sundial, Wadsworth-Longfellow house, Portland, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Lantern slide
- Local Code: Coll. 1936 Box 21 #67
- Collection: Longfellow Garden Club records at Maine Historical Society
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House (Portland, Me.)
- Historic Gardens--Maine--Portland
- Longfellow Garden (Portland, Me.)--Photographs
- Historic buildings--Maine--Portland
- Longfellow Garden Club
For more information about this item, contact:Longfellow Garden Club
c/o Maine Historical Society, 489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.