Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map 347 from the Plymouth Company records showing a plan of the Kennebec River describing the Plymouth patent. Land area includes the Kennebec River and lands on the east and west from Casco Bay to Norridgewock.
Indian grants are listed and well as proprietors' purchases of land. Landmarks include "Rowsick Mills" in contemporary Arrowsic, Brunswick fort, a fort at Job Lewis' residence in Woolwich, Richmond Fort, a fort in Norridgewock and two trading houses on the east side of the Kennebec.
Rivers mentioned include the Kennebec, the Sagadahock (southern end of the Kennebec), Pejepscot River (now Androscoggin), Muddy River, Cathance River, Cobbosseconte River, Abagadasset River and Sebasticook River.
About This Item
- Title: Plan of the Kennebec River describing the Plymouth patent, ca. 1719
- Creator: Plymouth Company, 1749-1816
- Creation Date: circa 1719
- Subject Date: circa 1719
- Location: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, map
- Dimensions: 65 cm x 54 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 60, Map 347
- Collection: Plymouth Company (1749-1816) records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Kennebec Company
- Kennebec River (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Kennebeck Proprietors
- Kennebeck Purchase company
- Land grants--Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Plymouth Company, 1749-1816--Records and correspondence--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Plymouth Proprietors
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.