Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map #64 showing a part of Harpswell, Maine. Other names and locations on this survey include Henry Gibbs, Joseph Wadsworth, J. Stover, Royall (Isaac), John Watts, and the Merriconeag River. This map was created by the Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick, also known as the Pejepscot Proprietors, which was a large land company formed in Massachussetts to colonize present-day Maine.
About This Item
- Title: Lots 1 and 2, Harpswell, 1740
- Creator: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick
- Creation Date: circa 1740
- Subject Date: circa 1740
- Location: Harpswell, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 33 cm x 33 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 64
- Collection: Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Harpswell (Me.)--Maps
- Land companies
- Land grants--Maine
- Land settlement--Maine--Harpswell
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Pejepscot Company--Records and correspondence--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick
- Real property--Maine--Harpswell
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.