Contributed by City of Portland Dept. of Public Works
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Early map of the area of Portland (then Falmouth), called Munjoy Neck. Text on the map reads, in part, "This plan appears to be a part of the Plan made by Joseph Noy[es] Esq....Falmouth ...and Portland being one Town and records as accepted Decemr. 30th 1773 in the 2nd Book Page 50 attest Andw. P. Propr. Cler."
About This Item
- Title: Portland map, 1773
- Creator: Noyes, Joseph
- Creation Date: 1773
- Subject Date: 1773
- Local Name: Munjoy Hill
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, map
- Dimensions: 76 cm x 38 cm
- Local Code: 369/3
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cadastral maps
- Portland (Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Landowners--Maine--Portland--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Congress Street (Portland, Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Monument Square (Portland, Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
For more information about this item, contact:City of Portland Dept. of Public Works
55 Portland Street, Portland, ME 04101
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.