Contributed by City of Portland Dept. of Public Works
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Hand-drawn map of a plan of land on Bramhall Hill in Portland created by Peleg Wadsworth.
Wadsworth was an early resident of Portland who served as a General in the Revolutionary War, and whose home, the Wadsworth-Longfellow House, is still standing on Congress Street in Portland.
State Street is shown here, with property owners' homes and lots drawn in. Text on the map reads, "Plan of land on Bramhall's hill as drawn by Peleg Wadsworth Esq."
About This Item
- Title: Plan of land on Bramhall Hill by Peleg Wadsworth
- Creator: Wadsworth, Peleg
- Creation Date: circa 1800
- Subject Date: circa 1800
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink and wash on paper, map
- Dimensions: 43 cm x 41 cm
- Local Code: 369/2
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:City of Portland Dept. of Public Works
55 Portland Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Cadastral maps
- Portland (Me.)--Maps, Manuscript
- State Street (Portland, Me.)--History--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Wadsworth, Peleg, 1748-1829
- Congress Street (Portland, Me.)--Maps, Manuscript
- Bramhall Hill (Portland, Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.