Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
"This view shows the deck of the steamer "Ripogenus" moored at the Portland Company pier. We can see the long grain conveyors from the Grand Trunk Railroad's grain elevators aft of the steamer." -- Fletcher, David H. "The Portland Company 1846-1982." Charleston, S.C.: Arcadia Pub., 2002. 50.
About This Item
- Title: The Deck of the Steamer Ripogenus, ca. 1917
- Creation Date: circa 1917
- Subject Date: circa 1917
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 242, Box 39 9/26
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Grand Trunk Railroad (Me.)--Photographs
- Ripogenus (Steamboat)--Photographs
- Metalworking industry--Maine--Portland
- Portland Company (Me.)--Manufactures
- Railroad yards--Maine--Portland
- Manufacturing industry--Maine--Portland
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.