Contributed by Cary Library
The town of Houlton gave Theodore Cary a receipt for the $300 Cary paid to Richard Fulton for serving as a substitute in the Civil War.
Richard Fulton died Nov. 24, 1863.
About This Item
- Title: Civil War bounty receipt, Houlton, 1864
- Creator: Town of Houlton
- Creation Date: 1864-05-04
- Subject Date: 1864-05-03
- Town: Houlton
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 14.7 cm x 19.1 cm
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Houlton (Me.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Recruiting and enlistment
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
For more information about this item, contact:Cary Library
107 Main Street, Houlton, ME 04730
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.