Contributed by Cary Library
Theodore Cary's certificate of non-liability, 1863, showing that he had permission to pay a substitute to serve in his stead in the Army during the Civil War.
About This Item
- Title: Theodore Cary non-liability certificate, Houlton, 1863
- Creator: Board of Enrollment of the fourth District of the State of Maine
- Creation Date: circa 1865
- Subject Date: 1863-09-19
- Town: Houlton
- County: Aroostoook
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 24.8 cm x 19.1 cm
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Recruiting and enlistment
- United States-History--Civil War, 1861-1865
For more information about this item, contact:Cary Library
107 Main Street, Houlton, ME 04730
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.