Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The title of the map is "Plan exploring survey from the source of the River St. Croix to the Great Waggansis waters of the Restigouche : between the 27th July and 9th October 1817."
This map is part of the Thomas Barclay collection that includes maps and surveys taken to resolve disputes about the northeast boundary of the United States.
About This Item
- Title: Exploring survey, St. Croix River to Great Waggansis, 1817
- Creator: Bouchette, Joseph
- Creation Date: 1817
- Subject Date: 1817
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME, NB, QC
- Media: Ink on paper, map
- Dimensions: 243 cm x 53 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 26, Map R 1
- Collection: Barclay collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Aroostook River (Me.) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Canada -- Boundaries -- United States -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Grand River (N.B.) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Meduxnekeag River (Me.) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Northeast boundary of the United States--Maps, Manuscript
- Presquille River (N.B.) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Restigouche River (N.B. and Québec) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Rivers -- Canada -- New Brunswick -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Rivers -- United States -- Maine -- Maps., Manuscript.
- Saint Croix River (Me. and N.B.) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Saint John River (Me. and N.B.) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- St. John River (Me. and N.B.) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Treaty of Ghent 1814
- United States -- Boundaries -- Canada -- Maps, Manuscript.
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.