Contributed by Maine Historical Society
John Mitchell's map of North America. A similar map was used in negotiating the northeast boundary of the United States at the Treaty of Paris at the end of the Revolutionary War.
This map is dated 1775 but is the seventh version of the original, which was printed in 1755.
This large map was photographed in one piece using a digital camera and because of this most of the textual content of the map is not clear enough to read.
About This Item
- Title: Map of the British and French North America, 1775
- Creator: Mitchell, John
- Creation Date: 1775
- Subject Date: 1755
- Media: Ink on paper, map
- Dimensions: 136 cm x 195 cm
- Local Code: Map R 6
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- British--America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Northeast boundary of the United States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Great Britain. Treaties, etc. United States, 1783 Sept. 3
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.