Contributed by Abel J. Morneault Memorial Library
Campaign button for Senator George S. McGovern for president and Thomas Eagleton as vice president.
Shortly after the convention it was discovered that Eagleton had had electroshock therapy treatment for depression. Eagleton was persuaded to resign from the ticket and was replaced with R. Sargent Shriver.
About This Item
- Title: McGovern-Eagleton presidential campaign button, 1972
- Creation Date: 1972
- Subject Date: 1972
- Media: metal, campaign button
- Dimensions: 1 cm x 3.2 cm
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Abel J. Morneault Memorial Library
303 Main Street, Van Buren, ME 04785
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Presidential candidates
- Eagleton, Thomas F., (1929-)
- McGovern, George S. (George Stanley), (1922-)
- buttons (information artifacts)
- Vice Presidential candidates
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.