Contributed by Abel J. Morneault Memorial Library
Campaign button for Senator George S. McGovern for president and Thomas Eagleton as vice president.
Shortly after the convention it was discovered that Eagleton had had electroshock therapy treatment for depression. Eagleton was persuaded to resign from the ticket and was replaced with R. Sargent Shriver.
About This Item
- Title: McGovern-Eagleton presidential campaign button, 1972
- Creation Date: 1972
- Subject Date: 1972
- Media: Metal, campaign button
- Dimensions: 1 cm x 3.2 cm
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Presidential candidates
- Eagleton, Thomas F., (1929-)
- McGovern, George S. (George Stanley), (1922-)
- buttons (information artifacts)
- Vice Presidential candidates
For more information about this item, contact:Abel J. Morneault Memorial Library
303 Main Street, Van Buren, ME 04785
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.