Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The compass was a critical tool used by surveyors to define angles between points on land. This compass belonged to Levi Bradley of Levant, Maine, who was Land Agent of Maine from 1842-1847.
About This Item
- Title: Surveyor's Vernier Compass, c. 1840
- Creator: Pool and Company, Easton, Mass.
- Creation Date: circa 1840
- Subject Date: circa 1840
- State: ME
- Media: Brass, glass and pine
- Local Code: 1752*
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.