Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map of areas around the Androscoggin River near Livermore, Mexico (Maine), Leeds, Jay, and Canton, Maine, ca. 1760. Commissioned by the Pejepscot Purchase Company. Map number probably added later by John McKeen, Clerk of the Company. Names on the map include Holman town, Phipps Canada, Livermore, and Jay.
The lands depicted in this map are a plan for towns along the Androscoggin River. In this map the towns are labeled as Livermore Falls, Phipps Canada (or Jay), Holman Town and Perricook. These towns in the area depicted by this map are now known as Livermore Falls, Jay, Canton, Peru and Dixfield.
About This Item
- Title: Map of towns laid out along the Androscoggin River, ca. 1760, Map #74
- Creator: Pejepscot Purchase Company
- Creation Date: circa 1760
- Subject Date: circa 1760
- Town: Canton, Jay, Leeds, Livermore Falls, Mexico
- County: Androscoggin, Franklin, Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 32 cm x 35 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 74
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Androscoggin River (N.H. and Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Canton (Me.)--Maps
- Dixfield (Me.)--Maps
- Jay (Me.)--Maps
- Land companies
- Land grants--Maine--Maps
- Land settlement--Maine
- Livermore Falls (Me.)--Maps
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Maine--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Pejepscot Company--Records and correspondence
- Peru (Me.)--Maps
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.