Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Manuscript map # 69-1of land owners in North Yarmouth, ca. 1760. Commissioned by the Pejepscot Purchase Company. Map number probably added later by John McKeen, Clerk of the Company. Names mentioned on the map include Valentine Bagly, Orlando Bagly, Thomas Pearson, Royal River and Royalsborough.
The road depicted in this map is now known as the Royalsborough Road.
About This Item
- Title: Map of North Yarmouth area, Map #69-1
- Creator: Pejepscot Purchase Company
- Creation Date: circa 1760
- Subject Date: circa 1760
- Town: Yarmouth
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, map
- Dimensions: 40 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 69-1
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractual obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Durham (Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Land companies
- Land grants--Maine--Maps
- Land settlement--Maine
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Maine--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- North Yarmouth (Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Pejepscot Company--Records and correspondence
- Real property--Maine--North Yarmouth
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.