Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 11750
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map #69 of an area in Royalsborough (now Durham). Commissioned by the Pejepscot Purchase Company. Names mentioned on map include Thomas Coffin, Ephraim Jones, Harriseeket River, Androscoggin River, Jon Bagly.
The road being planned out in this map is now Ferry Road and part of Royalsborough Road.
About This Item
- Title: Plan of road in Durham, 1770
- Creator: Ephraim Jones
- Creation Date: 1770
- Subject Date: 1770
- Location: Durham, Androscoggin County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 38 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 69
- Collection: Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Androscoggin River (Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Durham (Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Land companies--Maine
- Land grants--Maine--Maps
- Land settlement--Maine
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Maine--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- North Yarmouth (Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Pejepscot Company--Records and correspondence
- Real property--Maine--Durham
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.