Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map #61 of lot #1 in Harpswell. This survey was commissioned by the Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick, also known as the Pejepscot Proprietors or the Pejepscot Purchase Company. The company was formed in Massachusetts by wealthy and politically connected merchants to colonize present-day Maine.
About This Item
- Title: Map of Harpswell, 1742
- Creator: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick
- Creation Date: 1742
- Subject Date: 1742
- Location: Harpswell, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 42 cm x 32 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 61
- Collection: Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Harpswell (Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Land companies--Maine
- Land grants--Maine--Maps
- Land settlement--Maine
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Maine--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Pejepscot Company--Records and correspondence
- Real property--Maine--Harpswell
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.