Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 11736
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map # 38 of Topsham lots on the Cathance River, Feb. 28, 1764, commissioned by the Pejepscot Purchase Company.
The Cathance River runs along the eastern border of these lots.
About This Item
- Title: Lots on Cathance River, Topsham, 1764
- Creator: Stephen Gatchell
- Creation Date: 1764-02-28
- Subject Date: 1764-02-28
- Location: Topsham, Sagadahoc County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 30 cm x 32 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 38
- Collection: Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cathance River (Me.)--Maps
- Cathance River (Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Land companies
- Land grants--Maine--Maps
- Land settlement--Maine
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Maine--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Pejepscot Company--Records and correspondence
- Real property--Maine--Topsham
- Topsham (Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Alexander, Robert
- Alexander, William
- Douglas, Francis
- Douglas, James
- Gatchell, Stephen
- Gore, Robert
- Jack, Andrew
- Merrill, John
- Noyes, Belcher
- Patten, Actor
- Potter, Joseph
- Wilson, Thomas
- Wilson, W.
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.