Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map #14 of Brunswick, Maquoit, July 6, 1747. This map outlines 288 1/4 acres of land laid out for the heirs or assigns of Richard Wharton on Bungamunganock River. The Pejepscot Proprietors purchased their land patent from the estate of Richard Wharton in 1714 for £140.
About This Item
- Title: "Maquoit," Brunswick, 1747
- Creator: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick
- Creation Date: 1747-07-06
- Subject Date: 1747-07-06
- Location: Brunswick, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 24 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 14
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brunswick (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Land companies--Maine
- Land grants--Maine--Maps
- Land settlement--Maine
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Manuscript maps
- Pejepscot Company--Records and correspondence
- Real property--Maine--Brunswick
- Bungamunganock River
- Early contact & settlement
- Early works to 1800.
- Nature, geography & animals
- Pejepscot Proprietors
- West Brunswick
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.