Contributed by Maine Historical Society
"Capt. Heath's rough draft of land at Brunswick", ca. 1718. This map was commissioned by the Pejepscot Purchase Company.
Joseph Heath created many maps for the proprietorship of the land around the Brunswick area. The area on this map includes the towns of Harpswell, Topsham, Merepoint in Brunswick and West Bath.
The map number, manuscript map #6, was probably added later by John McKeen, Clerk to the Company.
About This Item
- Title: Map of the Brunswick area, ca. 1718
- Creator: Heath, Joseph
- Creation Date: circa 1718
- Subject Date: circa 1718
- Town: Bath, Brunswick, Harpswell, Topsham
- County: Cumberland, Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, map
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 6
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brunswick (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Casco Bay (Me.)
- Land companies--Maine
- Land grants--Maine--Maps
- Land settlement--Maine
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Merrymeeting Bay (Me.)
- Pejepscot Company--Records and correspondence
- Real property--Maine--Brunswick
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.