Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Manuscript map #4 of a plan of Maquoit Meadows, ca. 1720.
The Pejepscot Purchase Company commissioned the map; John McKeen, clerk of the company, probably added the number later.
This map shows the region around Brunswick.
About This Item
- Title: Map of a plan of Maquoit Meadows, ca. 1720
- Creator: Heath, Joseph
- Creation Date: circa 1720
- Subject Date: circa 1720
- Town: Brunswick
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, map
- Dimensions: 31 cm x 19 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 4
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brunswick (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Land companies--Maine
- Land grants--Maine--Maps
- Land settlement--Maine
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Manuscript maps
- Maquoit Meadows (Brunswick, Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Pejepscot Company--Records and correspondence
- Real property--Maine--Brunswick
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.