Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Manuscript map #3 of Brunswick, April 8, 1725 from the Pejepscot Purchase Company records showing the property ownership around Brunswick. This is a draft map made by Joseph Heath for "Wharton & Winthrop."
Map number presumably given by John McKeen, a clerk for the company in the mid 1800s.
Land shown in on Maquoit Bay in Brunswick.
About This Item
- Title: Map of Brunswick, 1725
- Creator: Heath, Joseph
- Creation Date: 1725-04-08
- Subject Date: 1725-04-08
- Town: Brunswick
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, map
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 3
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brunswick (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Land companies--Maine
- Land grants--Maine--Maps
- Land settlement--Maine
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Manuscript maps
- Pejepscot Company--Records and correspondence
- Real property--Maine--Brunswick
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.