Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Carl E. Milliken was governor of Maine from 1917 to 1921.
Born in 1877 in Pittsfield, Carl Milliken graduated from Bates College and earned a master's degree from Harvard University.
Milliken was elected to the Maine House of Representatives in 1905, where he served until he was elected to the Maine Senate in 1909. He was Senate president for two years.
He resigned as governor in 1921 to resume his role as the president of the Motion Picture Producers and Distributors Association. He died in Massachusetts in 1961.
About This Item
- Title: Gov. Carl E. Milliken, Augusta, ca. 1921
- Creator: Harris and Ewing
- Creation Date: circa 1921
- Subject Date: circa 1921
- Location: Augusta, Kennebec County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 32 cm x 22 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--OS--Box 5
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Milliken, Carl E. (Carl Elias), 1877-1961--Portrait photographs
- Motion Picture Producers and Distributors Association
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.