Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
J. P. Davis & Speer illustration from 'The Complete Poetical Works of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow with numerous illustrations.' Boston : Houghton, Mifflin and Company; James R. Osgood and Company, 1880. p. 38. This appears with the Longfellow poem "The Village Blacksmith."
About This Item
- Title: J. P. Davis & Speer illustration, ca. 1880
- Creator: J. P. Davis & Speer
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Private collection
- Collection: Private collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Book illustrations
- Complete Poetical Works of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (Book)--Illustrations
- J. P. Davis and Speer (Firm)
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882
- The Village Blacksmith (Poem)--Illustrations
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.