Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Architecture commission for Portland Packing Company at York Street in Portland, ME, 1916–1918. The commission is associated with John Calvin Stevens and John Howard Stevens Architects. This item is part of the Stevens Architects drawings and records collection.
Other addresses include an unknown address in Skowhegan, ME.
The Portland Packing Company Factory is an historic factory building at 14-26 York Street in Portland, Maine. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1996. Built in 1884, it was home to Maine's oldest and largest vegetable canning company until 1927. After years of neglect, it was rehabilitated in 1995-6. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.
About This Item
- Title: Portland Packing Company, Portland, 1916-1918
- Address: York Street, Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Other Addresses:
- unknown, Skowhegan, Somerset County, ME
- Client: Portland Packing Company
- Creation Date: 1916–1918
- Subject Date: 1916–1918
- Primary Architects: John Calvin Stevens and John Howard Stevens Architects
- Object Type: Text and Image
- Subtype: architectural drawing
- Media/Genre: floor plans; elevations; architectural elements; foundation plans; site plans; alterations
- Materials: graphite on tracing paper; graphite on paper; ink on linen; graphite on linen;
- Local Code: Coll. 209, 6-C-7
- Collection: Stevens Architects drawings and records collection
- Number of items in commission: 27
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Architectural drawing
- Canned foods--Labeling
- Canning and preserving--Maine--Portland
- Food industry and trade--Maine--Portland
- Package goods industry--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright status is unknown to the contributing organization.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.