Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Architecture commission for Maine Maritime Academy at 1 Pleasant Street in Castine, ME, 1927–1948. The commission is associated with John Howard Stevens and John Calvin Stevens II Architects. This item is part of the Stevens Architects drawings and records collection.
Maine Maritime Academy dates back to 1941 when the Academy was founded by an act of the 90th Maine Legislature on March 21 of that year.
About This Item
- Title: Maine Maritime Academy additions, Castine, 1927-1948
- Address: 1 Pleasant Street, Castine, Hancock County, ME
- Clients: Maine Maritime Academy; Eastern State Normal School
- Creation Date: 1927–1948
- Subject Date: 1927–1948
- Primary Architects: John Howard Stevens and John Calvin Stevens II Architects
- Contributing Architects: Bunker & Savage Architects
- Contributors: Ralph Leavitt; Lawrence Portland Cement Company
- Object Type: Text and Image
- Subtype: architectural drawing
- Media/Genre: floor plans; elevations; cross sections; mechanical drawings; site plans; additions; sketches;
- Materials: graphite on tracing paper; graphite on paper; ink on paper; blueprints;
- Local Code: Coll. 209, 6-C-6
- Collection: Stevens Architects drawings and records collection
- Number of items in commission: 36
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Architectural drawing
- Maine Maritime Academy
- Merchant marine--United States--Officers--Training of
- Universities and colleges--Maine--Castine
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.