Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Myles Birket Foster illustrated The Complete Poetical Works of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow with numerous illustrations (Boston: Houghton, Mifflin & Co.; James R. Osgood and Company, 1880).
This appears in the front of the book and is intended to illustrate the Longfellow poem "The Hanging of the Crane."
About This Item
- Title: Longfellow poem illustration, ca. 1880
- Creator: Foster, Myles Birket
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Private collection
- Collection: Private collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Foster, Myles Birket, 1825-1899
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1825
- Complete Poetical Works of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (Book)--Illustrations
- Book illustrations
- The Hanging of the Crane (Poem)--Illustrations
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.